Efficient Use of Materials - by managing the extraction and depletion of our natural resources
a) Energy and Water monitoring and saving initiatives within our production units:
- The implementation of photovoltaic panels to save/reduce around 30% of the actual electricity consumption – 390 MWh/year at our Portuguese factory
- Our Indian factory invested in and has been generating its steam for the production processes via a renewable energy biomass (agriculture waste) boiler since 2013
- Rainwater harvesting allows for water usage within our dyeing process at our India Factory
b) Invention and development of loom technology to significantly reduce yarn waste
d) Utilization of package dye process to optimize yarn batch size (material and water efficiency)
A comprehensive set of policies to manage employee interactions (absence, appraisal review, dignity at work, flexible working, equal opportunities, etc.) These policies are used to support and maintain our compliance with international labour standards.
a) A formal supplier evaluation process – Environmental and Ethical Performance, H&S and Equality questionnaire
b) Suppliers sign off against Brintons Ethical Code of Conduct and Anti-bribery Policy
a) Socio-professional integration of persons with disabilities (Protocol with local Association since 1996 within our Portuguese factory). Member of the Social Network of the City Hall which aims to promote initiatives aimed at improving the living conditions of citizens within the local region of Portuguese factory.
b) Donations policy in kind for non-profit organizations, charities and projects:
- Monthly groceries are supplied to a residential school for children with disabilities within the local community to our India Factory
- Building additional school rooms for schools within the local com¬munity to our Indian factory (So far 6 schools have had additional class rooms built)
- Donations of TV’s and computers to local community schools close to our Indian factory
c) Product support advice, effective complaint investigation and resolution. High customer satisfaction levels.
ISO4001 Management systems and Policy in place within production sites (Portugal & India). Supports core responsibilities for environmental com¬pliance, resource monitoring and optimization, these are built into system objectives & targets covering:
- Waste monitoring & reduction with diversion from Landfill
- Using recycled packaging materials (cardboard tubes and polythene wrapping)
- Energy & resource consumption monitoring to support targeted reduction initiatives to minimize or improve usage
Since July 2016, 370 trees provided and planted to support the Maharashtra government tree planation programme supporting the local community to our India Factory.
Brintons chemical stewardship of both our production processes and manufactured products ensures compliance with legislation and the nonexistence of chemicals of concern that are often attributed to carpet manufacture. We work within the framework of the European REACH regulation, general COSHH management and we understand the chemical components of our products. Ultimately, process and product testing ensures we do not release or add environmentally or biologically harmful chemicals. Specifically, our products are compliant with Stockholm conven-tion on POP’s, California proposition 65, and REACH candidate list. There are no Phthalates, PFOS/PFOA’s or PCB’s in a Brintons Carpet.
Brintons ensure compliance and maintain a register of Environmental Legislation Compliance obligations.