Constructed in 1817 this heritage-listed building, also known as the Lion Palace has been converted in to a luxury hotel by ReardonSmith Architects. The Lion Palace was originally an apartment building for Russian royalty which was guarded by two marble lions originally sculpted for the Medici family in Florence by Paolo Triscorni.
The hotel has 183 guest rooms and 26 suites, which have been styled to enhance the neoclassical architectural features of the property. The colour palettes of the rooms were inspired by the pastel-coloured exteriors of St Petersburg's ornate 18th and 19th century buildings; guest rooms are cool blue and buttercup yellow, with touches of garnet red and suites are decorated in hues of sapphire blue and gold with hints of russet.
Brintons worked with Cheryl Rowley Design to supply custom Axminster carpets and hand tufted rugs throughout the property including the Lobanov Presidential Suite and the opulent Ballroom, which can accommodate over a 1000 guests.