Bantock House Museum
Bantock House is a museum of Edwardian life and local history, situated in 48 acres of beautiful parkland. The Grade II building features carved oak panelled rooms, decorative glass, tiles and period furnishings inspired by the Arts and Crafts movement. The house was built in the 1730s and opened as a museum in 1948.
The house is named after Alderman Baldwin and Kitty Bantock who once lived there. Thos. Bantock & Co the haulage company owned by the Bantock Family, used to transport large rolls of carpet from the Brintons factory to the railway station in Kidderminster, using lorries pulled by a team of horses.
The Friends of Bantock House Museum donated funds to purchase a new carpet for the oak staircase and entrance hall at the museum.
Brintons Archivist, Yvonne Smith worked closely with the Curators of the museum to identify a design that complemented the Arts and Crafts surroundings of the Edwardian property.
We really appreciated the opportunity to look through the design archive with Yvonne - her knowledge was extremely valuable and with her support we chose a beautiful design that works perfectly in the period setting of Bantock House Museum.
Curator/ Manager - Bantock, Education & Enterprise
- Bantock House Museum
- Custom Axminster stair runner and rug
- February 2014