Gurudwara Sis Ganj Saheb - New Delhi, India
Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib is one of the nine historical gurudwaras of the Sikh religion. Its is located in the Chandni Chowk area of Old Delhi. It was built in 1783 and took 12 years to build. The present structure was reconstructed in 1930.
The main structure of the gurudwara is a huge open hall which has a bronze canopy in the middle under which the holy book, Guru Granth Sahib is kept. This gurudwara is dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur and his disciples.
Brintons was commissioned to create a carpet with intricate patterns encapsulating the Sikh architectural and design elements with a bright color palette to complement the white spaces. The effect desired was ostentatious yet classy, elegant yet ornate.
The team at Brintons did a great job actualizing our pattern and texture expectations, and brought to life the entire interior design. Important part of the brief was to have a user friendly and maintenance free carpet.Since the Gurudwara has a large footfall of devotees, cleaning up after them was one of the biggest challenges faced, which was overcome by using Brintons.
MRS. NATASHA KOCHHAR
Principal Architect, LTDF
|Project name||Gurudwara Sir Ganj Saheb|
|Project details||1320 sqmt Axminster 1048A|
|Designer||Line The Design Firm|